Never been to an era party?
Well, let me tell you that they are great! Personally my favorite type of themed parties. And if you are a newbie, here are the:
Top 5 ways to successfully attend a different era themed party:
1. Research the most well-known people of that era and dress up like them (trust me, it helps with the confusion of guests trying to guess who you are). I dressed up like Audrey Hepburn and everyone knew exactly who I was!
2. Update your iPod to the music that was in that era. Though I was born in the 90s rather than the 60s, I was able to dance along because I knew the songs.
3. Study up on the famous people from the era so you can impress the guests on your knowledge of who they are! Before they tell you who they are, be one step ahead of them and say you already know! They'll be impressed. Maybe even familiarize yourself with the 60s slang (groovy, gnarly, good golly miss molly, etc). and really get into character.
4. Take pictures - even if you may not know the people. Guests can really get into the theme and maybe if they're costume is great enough, you can remember these ideas for the next Era event you attend?!
5. And of course... Have fun with it! Even if you may not like your costume, feel uncomfortable, don't know the music, etc. none of that should stop you from getting your groove on and having a fun time with coworkers and/or the guests!
.... I followed these 5, got my boogie on and had a ball at the Grand Rapids magazine 50th anniversary!